Tenant Information

Office Hours

Monday to Friday 9:00am – 5.30pm
Saturday 9.30am – 12.00pm
After Hours Emergency:

Contact our office on 9527 1211 for all contact details 24 hours 7 days a week.

Rental Payments

Rent under your Tenancy Agreement is always paid as one payment a calender month in advance.

Calendar monthly rent is calculated as follows:
Weekly rent $ ÷ 7 (daily rent) x 365 (yearly rent) ÷ 12 = Calendar Monthly Rent

If at any time you are unable to make a rental payment before the due date, please contact our office immediately. Our preferred payment method is by our Rent Pay system. No responsibility will be taken for cheques left under our door, or in our mail box. If making rental payments by mail, a receipt will only be mailed out, if requested and a self-addressed stamped envelope is provided.

The tenant prior to taking possession of the premises must set up Rent Pay or one of our other rental payment methods. Keys will not be provided until this is in place.

Rental Bond

Your rental bond will be lodged with the Residential Tenancy Bond Authority. The bond is held as security against any property damage or undue wear and tear. The bond will be refunded promptly after you vacate, provided the property is left in a similar condition as to when the Tenancy Agreement commenced (allowing for fair wear and tear) and there are no monies owing.

Condition Report

Upon signing the lease, you will be given a written and photographic (on disk) condition report. We ask that you check this thoroughly and add any additional comments. Please sign the front page and return the original copy to our office within 3 working days of receiving the report, retaining the copy for your records.

Periodic Inspections

During the course of your tenancy, the premises will be inspected periodically, after the required notice has been given. After you have been in the property for three months we will organise to carry out our first inspection. Our office will contact you in advance to make arrangements, to either use spare keys for this inspection, or if necessary make an appointment at a mutually convenient time. Thereafter, provided that everything is in order, further inspections will be on a six monthly basis.



Where possible we retain a duplicate key to your property for maintenance matters and emergency access (however this is not guaranteed for every property). Under special circumstances and on producing identification, the keys can be borrowed during office hours, but must be returned as soon as possible. No service is available outside of office hours or on public holidays. It would be advisable, that you also make private arrangements regarding the location of a spare key, should you accidently lock yourself out. Locks may only be changed after first obtaining permission from our office, and then on the strict understanding that you supply us with a spare set of keys. Remember that it is in your interest to ensure that we have a spare set of keys.


We strongly urge you to insure your personal possessions, against any loss, damage or theft.

Electricity, Gas and Telephone

It is each tenant's responsibility to have the appropriate account placed in his or her name(s) and then prior to vacating the premises arrange to have a final meter reading.



Ph: 132 692



Ph: 132 461



Ph: 1300 301 101



Ph: 131 245



Ph: 132 461


South East Water

Ph: 131 851


Yarra Valley Water

Ph: 131 721



Ph: 132 200




Repairs and Maintenance

All maintenance requests must be in writing using the Maintenance Request forms provided in your Tenant Folder. These forms can also be accessed online.

Only emergency repairs will be accepted verbally. All repairs are attended to as promptly as possible however, it is often necessary to obtain the Landlord's approval and/or quotes before any work can commence, so unfortunately a time lag is sometimes unavoidable.

Under the Residential Tenancies Act, we advise that the following are considered urgent repairs:

  • a burst water service
  • a blocked  or broken toilet system
  • a serious roof leak
  • a gas leak
  • a dangerous electrical fault
  • flooding or serious flood damage
  • serious storm or fire damage
  • failure or breakdown of any essential service or appliance provided by the landlord or agent for hot water, water, cooking, heating, or laundering
  • failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply
  • any fault or damage that makes the premises unsafe or insecure
  • an appliance fitting or fixture which is not working properly and causes a substantial amount of water to be wasted
  • serious fault in a lift or staircase in the rented premises

If an emergency situation arises, and you are unable to contact our office, or the Emergency numbers attached to the inside of your front door, please contact the applicable tradesperson as detailed below



0414 530 991



0413 156 407



0418 368 111



9534 6991



0418 320 185

Please check your lease or renting guide “Renting a home, a guide for tenants and landlords” as to what constitutes an emergency repair. Should you organise a repair that is not an emergency, you may be liable for its cost or any associated service call.

If arrangements have been made with you regarding access for any tradespeople and you fail to attend, the service charge for calling the tradesperson will be automatically passed on to you for payment. Where applicable, the upkeep of the gardens and grounds are your responsibility. Please do not store unnecessary paper, rubbish, bottles, flammables and cans, etc. on or around the premises.

Termination of the General Tenancy Agreement

Your Residential Tenancy Agreement is a legal and binding contract, providing protection for both you and the Landlord. You can terminate the Residential Tenancy Agreement in the following ways:

  • If you intend to vacate at the end of your Residential Tenancy Agreement you are required to give twenty eight (28) days written notice prior to the expiry of the fixed term of your Agreement.
  • Once the fixed term has expired, your lease automatically reverts to a periodic lease and you have the right to continue living at the property or to vacate. If you intend to vacate, written notice must be received by our office at least twenty eight days (28) days prior to the vacating date.

If however, unforeseen circumstances arise and you have to vacate prior to the expiration of your Tenancy Agreement, please contact your Property Manager immediately and we will endeavor to find another suitable tenant.  You will still be responsible for the rent until another suitable tenant is found, as well as the payment of a letting fee and any advertising costs. Please note that at least three (3) additional business days notice must be given when mailing your written advice of intention to vacate.

Finding the right property

Our website is updated daily with new listings and photographs so it’s a great way to be kept informed of new properties as they are listed.

Inspection of properties can be arranged at a time convenient to you. Please keep in mind that many of our properties are currently tenanted and therefore we need to give the current occupiers at least 24 hours notice of any inspection.

Other real estate website addresses that you may find helpful are:

Found the right property

Complete and sign our Halfapercent Real Estate Application Form and a Privacy Disclaimer and Declaration. a pdf version of these forms is available or may be collected from our office. Please either email, to rentals@halfapercent.com.au, faxing to 86101296 or hand delivering all documents to to our office.

Applications will not be processed unless all information is supplied and the Authority, Privacy Disclaimer and Declaration are signed. Each applicant must complete a separate application.

Before the application will be considered, the applicant must achieve a minimum of 100 Check Points, and need to supply the following information to us by scanning the relevant documents and emailing them, along with the application form, to rentals@halfapercent.com.au, faxing to 86101296 or hand delivering all documents to our office.

50 points Photo Identification (Passport, Drivers Licence, 18+ Card)
40 points Bond Refund History (refer to Bond Authority)
40 points Proof of Regular Payments (Tenant Ledger, Mortgage Payments or
4 recent rent receipts)
20 points Birth Certificate
20 points Min. 2 references from previous Agent/Landlord
20 points Current Motor Vehicle Registration Papers
10 points Proof of current address (copy of phone or electricity account)
10 points Other identification (Medicare Card, Bank Card, etc)
10 points Written references (Personal, Employment, etc)

Please note:
Overseas students will need to provide the following additional documents for us to process their application:

  • Copy of your Passport
  • Current Visa
  • Confirmation of enrolment at College/University (i.e. Letter of Offer)

Provided we have received all the necessary information, your application will be processed, keeping in mind that it is the landlord who will make the final decision.

Once your application is approved, you will be required to sign leases and provide the following payments either by bank cheque, money order or via internet transfer (your property manager can provide details):

Security Bond
This is to be made payable to the ResidentialTenancies Bond Authority (RTBA).

First Month’s Rent
This is to be made payable to the Noble House Property Agents Trust Account.

We will provide you with information concerning your rights and responsibilities, after hours emergency details, maintenance procedures, a property condition report and payment methods for future rental payments.

If you would like assistance (at no extra cost) with the connection of gas, electricity, telephone, internet and water to your new home, this can all be arranged at the time of signing the leases.

Notice of Change to Shared Tenancy

Should a person or extra person(s) decide to move out of or into the premises after the lease has commenced, we ask that you advise our office as soon as possible and have any potential tenant(s) complete a tenancy application form and a Privacy Disclaimer and Declaration, so we can determine if permission from the landlord will be granted.